What Is Long-Term Care?
Long-term care refers to a wide range of personal care and other related services provided on an extended basis to people who need help with certain Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) or who need supervision due to severe cognitive impairment such as Alzheimer’s disease or by simply growing old and becoming frail. 70% of people turning age 65 can expect to use some form of long-term care during their lives .
How Does Long-Term Care Insurance Work?
It helps pay the expense of covered long-term care:
• When someone can no longer care for themselves and
• Must rely on others to provide assistance
Long-term care insurance can help pay for:
• Home Health Care
• Assisted Living Facility Care
• Nursing Home Care
• Adult Day Care
• Personal Care – ADL Assistance
• Homemaker Services – IADL Assistance
• Hospice Services
• Respite Care
Reasons People Buy Long-Term Care Insurance
• Help protect retirement savings and other assets they have put aside
• Preserve their independence and quality of life
• Help protect family and friends from the burdens of care giving
• Maintain control and choice of where they receive their care
• Protect themselves from having to leave their home for care
When Should one Consider Long-Term Care?
• When they are young enough to command lower premiums. The younger the most cost effective.
• When they are healthy enough to secure a policy. We pay for it with our money, but you qualify for it with your health.
• Keep in mind that women are at greater risk than men
Don’t wait another day to prepare for the inevitable need for long term care. Request a long term care insurance quote today.